Protecting your personal information is extremely important to us, so you can shop assured in the knowledge that our site is secure.
We use one of the most secure online ordering systems available and we’re constantly improving our software so we can offer you the highest possible security at all times.
We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology which enables sensitive information such as your name, address and other critically sensitive information like your credit card details to be encrypted.
Information passed between your computer and our site can’t be read if someone else intercepts it. This technology includes:
- Authentication - this tells your browser your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that the server is secure.
- Encryption - this encodes the data, so it can’t be read by anyone other than the secure server.
- Data Integrity - this checks the data being transferred hasn’t been altered.
Please also note that we do not sell or trade your personal information to any third party organisations or individuals.
VST is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation.
VST needs to collect certain personal information in order to properly carry out its functions and activities. The types of information that the Company collects will depend on the circumstances of the individual’s involvement or contact with the Company.
Collection of Personal Information and how we collect it
In order to provide services to you, we may ask for personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Examples of where we may collect personal information include, but are not limited to, when you make an instore or online purchase, put goods on hold, provide details to join our mailing lists or databases, provide information via social media pages, enter a competition, send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by VST. If you choose to withhold requested information however, we may not be able to provide you with the service you require should that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
Collection of personal information through Websites
Information is automatically collected through your use of the VST website, Affiliates’ websites, through cookies or by other electronic means. Cookies are small text files that websites or apps may place on your computer or device, and are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences.
We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to personal user accounts. Cookies may also be used to allow the website to track usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow VST to customise a user's experience on their websites. This information is used and disclosed by VST for purposes including statistical analysis, and to assist VST to improve the functionality and usability of the website and our apps.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
The main purposes, for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- to deliver customer relationship management systems
- to create orders
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- to provide you with services you have requested from us
- promoting VST, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers
- protecting the security of our team members, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including fraud prevention)
- requirements under law or regulations, or for other purposes explained at the time of collection
- recruiting team members and contractors
Direct marketing and opting out
To be added to our email list, you will need to 'opt in' to this and provide your email address and contact details to VST.
You can opt out from receiving our marketing communications at any time by:
- Using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages to opt out of receiving those messages.
- by speaking to our Customer Support team by phone on 03 8339 4090
- by writing to 11A Poa Court Craigieburn VIC 3064 or
- contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of Personal Information
VST takes measures to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. This includes protection measures, security restrictions on access to VST computer systems, controlled access to VST’s premises, policies on document storage and security, and workplace policies. Information is stored in different ways, including in paper and electronic form.
We take reasonable steps to:
- Ensure access to and use of personal information within VST is appropriately limited to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of information.
- ensure that the personal information that we use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete;
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Ensure that in instances where other organisations provide support and or services, VST requires them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
- We endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, however, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online - you disclose that information at your own risk.
If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact the VST Customer Support team on 03 8339 4090. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
Third Party Website
VST’s website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. VST is not responsible for the content, privacy or security practices of those sites. Third party websites should have their own privacy policies which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information.
All complaints received will be handled in a fair, confidential, and timely manner. We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Further information about the Privacy law and the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au